Our People + Senior Associates
LLB (Dist), BCom
Amy practices in general commercial law, including contracts, business sales and acquisitions, wills and estate planning, probate and trusts.
Amy appreciates that commercial transactions extend beyond the legalities and works closely with both clients and third parties to ensure that matters are dealt with practically and expeditiously.
Amy has a particular interest in property law and is routinely involved in all aspects of property transactions including the preparation of, and review and advice on, contracts for sale, transfer duty advice, due diligence and settlements. Amy acts for a wide range of clients on matters ranging from the sale and purchase of residential property though to the acquisition and disposal of large scale commercial properties, farms and vineyard properties. Amy has a strong working knowledge of the ins and outs of the Office of State Revenue and Landgate, who both play key roles in property transactions.
Amy has also developed a practice around personal property securities law. Following the introduction of the Personal Property Securities Act, Amy has worked with clients to ensure that their business practices, including their terms and conditions, are up to date and their security interests are protected.
Amy is a member of the Law Society of Western Australia, the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and the Anglo-Australasian Lawyers Society (Western Australia) Inc.
Amy is based in our West Perth Office.
Amy recently acted on the following recent transactions:
- Successful acquisition of industrial property in Henderson for $6.8 million;
- Sale of commercial property in Fremantle for $6.5 million;
- Sale of the Old Swanbourne Hospital Site;
- Cost effective acquisition and disposal of a number of vineyards located in the Margaret River region;
- Sale of Western Australian farming property for $18 million to Chinese interests; and
- Planning and development due diligence on the proposed acquisition of a hospital in Fremantle.
- Business services & commercial contracts
- Share sales, acquisitions & settlements
- Commercial property sales, acquisitions & settlements
- Residential property sales, acquisitions & settlements
- Agribusiness and farming
- Wills & estate planning, including Enduring Powers of Attorney, Guardianship and Advance Health Directives
- Probate & administration
- IP Software and Technology Commercialisation
- Personal Property Securities advice and implementation