Our People + Principals
Jonathan has practiced as a commercial lawyer for over 9 years. He has advised on numerous commercial transactions, with a focus on agribusiness and farming, contracts, property, wills and estates. He also acts for clients providing services to the mining industry.
Jonathan adopts a pragmatic, problem solving approach directed at delivering value for money advice. Jonathan comes from a farming background and understands what is important for farmers and agribusiness owners. He has also acted for clients in the marine services and boat building industries.
Jonathan is a graduate of the University of Western Australia and the University of Notre Dame, Australia. After graduating Jonathan was an Associate to the Honourable Justice Le Miere of the Supreme Court of Western Australia.
He is a member of the Association of Australian Mining and Petroleum Lawyers Association, the Law Society of Western Australia and STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Planners).
Jonathan is based in our Geraldton Office and is the Principal with primary responsibility for that office. He provides pro bono advice to Pollinators, a business incubator in Geraldton.
Recent commercial matters Jonathan has managed include:
- Advising in respect of various shareholder disputes;
- Negotiating on behalf of farming land owners with mining companies seeking access for Miscellaneous Licences;
- Devising estate plans for high net worth clients whose affairs include complex business structures (trusts, companies and partnerships, primarily in the agricultural and fishing sectors);
- Providing trust advice generally (including on occasions having to take steps to rectify significantly flawed trusts);
- Assisting with various business restructures; and
- Various leasing and complex property dealings.
- Corporate advice, business services & commercial contracts
- Agribusiness and farming
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Wills & probate
- Commercial leasing
- Commercial property sales & acquisitions
- Mining, resources, energy and mining services
- Residential property & settlements