Our People + Senior Associates
Matthew has experience in a wide range of commercial dispute resolution matters including contract disputes, Corporations Act 2001 advice, consumer and competition law, debt recovery (including issuing and setting aside statutory demands) and property disputes.
Matthew has had significant experience in building and construction disputes, with a particular focus on preparing and responding to adjudication applications under the Constructions Contracts Act WA 2004. Matthew also has experience in insolvency matters representing clients in winding-up and bankruptcy applications and has advised on preference payments, uncommercial transactions claims and the recovery of assets.
Matthew advocates strategies that obtain the best commercial outcome for his clients while maintaining a focus on providing cost effective and pragmatic advice.
Matthew has appeared in the Supreme Court, Federal Court, District Court and Magistrates Court.
Recently, Matthew has:
- acted for a major property developer in a complex construction dispute involving claims against the superintendent and head-contractor with concurrent proceedings in the District and Supreme Court;
- defended the former owner of a large suburban market and its directors in Supreme Court proceedings commenced by a former lessor;
- acted for a subcontractor at the Fiona Stanley Hospital development in two successful Construction Contract Act adjudications; and
- advised an ASX listed company in a dispute concerning a Farm-In agreement with another ASX listed company.
He is a member of the Law Society of Western Australia.
Matthew is based in our West Perth Office.
- Commercial dispute resolution
- Construction & building disputes (commercial & residential), including Constructions Contracts Act WA 2004 claims
- Corporations law advice
- Consumer and competition law
- Debt recovery (including issuing and setting aside statutory demands)
- Trusts & Estate issues