Our notable experience includes:
- Acting for Coogee Group - Mitsubishi joint venture for construction and operation of $100m+ Port Bonython diesel fuel terminal, including FEED study, build, terminal services, terminal lease and shareholders agreements
- Preparing numerous construction contracts for Craig Mostyn Group, including construction contracts for:
- multiple abalone farm extensions in several locations across Australia, including at Australia's largest abalone farm
- multistage expansion of Western Australia’s largest pig abattoir, including new buildings and plant upgrades
- multistage construction of large commercial piggeries at Mogumber (six large buildings)
- multistage expansion of Western Australia’s largest meat and poultry waste rendering facility, including plant upgrades, new water treatment plant and new rendering line
- refit of the Group’s head office in Fremantle
- Preparing construction contract documents for Tier 1 international data centre operator for multi site upgrade program across Australia
- Advising Scott Park Group for many years in relation to corporate and construction matters
- Advising subcontractors supplying equipment and services to major resources projects including Inpex Icthys, Rio Tinto (various Pilbara), FMG Cloud Break, BHP Newman, and Main Roads WA projects (various in Western Australia)
- Preparing contracts for construction of a grain ship loader and heavy duty hopper, including dealing with cross border payment and security issues
- Preparing construction contracts for WA based premium home builder
- Preparing joint venture agreement for construction joint venture
- Preparing shareholders agreement for home building company
- Prepare construct and leaseback agreement for major plant hire company
- Advised CCM Group in relation to various construction related matters
- Advised Diab Engineering in relation to various construction related matters
- Prepared granny flat agreement for various clients
Williams + Hughes has significant experience advising in relation to construction related disputes, payment claims and debt recovery. Click here for more details
Privacy policies and procedures: Australian businesses may have to comply with European GDPR laws
On Friday 25 May 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect, giving...
COVID-19: Temporary relief for financially distressed individuals, companies and directors
The Australian Federal Government has announced temporary amendments to insolvency and bankruptcy la...
Covid 19- an overview of the JobKeeper wage subsidy scheme
The core component of the Federal Government’s business support package in response to the Cov...
What tax risks do I take on when I become a company director? (updated)
This is a question often asked of lawyers. There are many risks a person is exposed to when the...
Handshake deals and transfer duty: you can’t avoid paying duty by not documenting the deal
Sometimes two parties to a deal are tempted to use a "handshake agreement" to try avoid pa...
Superannuation guarantee amnesty: one last chance to pay compulsory superannuation for non-complying employers who employ "contractors"
Employee versus contractor? Are you sure?
Over the past decade many Australian companies hav...
Disclose the full upfront price or risk breaking the law: new upfront pricing laws apply
It is not uncommon for businesses to advertise a headline price for goods and services to their...