Our notable and relevant experience includes:
- Acted on several occassions for financial advisers in investigations by ASIC relating to section 920A Corporations Act banning notices, alleged breaches of the National Credit Code, and associated criminal prosecutions
- Acted for a large private chemicals company in relation to various regulatory investigations and prosecutions, such as a Department of Environment investigation relating to a significant diesel spill and a Worksafe investigation relating to a boiler explosion
- Acted for a landowner in relation to a prosecution in the State Administrative Tribunal by a local government for failing to abide a direction
- Acted for a pastoral lessee in an investigation by the Department of Environmental Regulation relating to clearing of native vegetation
- Acted for mining companies in investigations and prosecutions by the Department of Mines and Petroleum relating to mine site accidents
- Acted for a tourism operator in defence of a prosecution under the Conservation and Land Management Act relating to conducting tours within a wildlife exclusion zone
- Acted for a tourism operator in defence of a local government prosecution relating to use of a jetty at a restricted location
THE ACCC CONTINUES ITS CRACK DOWN ON THE USE OF UNFAIR CONTRACT TERMS
Uber Eats agreed this week to amend its contracts with restaurants following an investigation by the...
Franchising: Federal Court freezes assets of franchisor to protect franchisees who claim they were misled
Jump Swim is an Australian-based franchisor that sells franchises to franchisees wishi...
New laws imposing mandatory requirements for businesses that supply services: your T&C’s and website must be updated by 9 June 2019
Recent amendments to the Competition and Consumer Regulations 2010 impose new mandatory wo...