Greg has over 40 years’ expertise in a range of commercial and private client matters.
In his commercial legal practice he has represented a variety of clients including Local Governments, property development, building, mining services, power infrastructure, accountancy, pharmacy, real estate, settlement, and financial advisory businesses.
Greg’s legal practice includes:
- Drafting tenders and managing tendering and/or procurement processes, including Local Government preparation and documentation of tenders for services and construction of infrastructure.
- Private client property development including oversight of subdivision and settlements in land subdivisions, drafting and review of contract documents, restrictive covenants, easements and notifications.
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on contracts for sale or purchase of businesses, assets and equipment.
- Advising on commercial transactions including drafting and negotiating contacts, tenders, memorandums of understanding, development agreements, road construction agreements, power infrastructure contracts, mining services contracts, waste management, design and construct contracts and contracts of employment.
- Advising on and drafting contracts for sale of land, access agreements, easements, restrictive covenants and development deeds.
- Drafting and negotiating property related agreements, including leases, licences, easements and restrictive covenants.
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating contracts for sale and/or purchase of property for development purposes, including off the plan development contracts for both broad-acre subdivisions and strata apartments, drafting of standardised contracts of sale and oversight of the settlements.
- Advising on and drafting development and construction contracts for infrastructure, including waste processing and energy projects, from EOI, tender, negotiation of development agreements to Contract closure.
- Negotiating and drafting contracts for merger and acquisitions of SME companies.
- Drafting bespoke terms and conditions for supply of goods and services.
- Drafting and advising on general terms and conditions for supply of goods and services.
- Advising on estate planning and preparation of estate documents including Wills, Probate applications for deceased estates and trusts.
Greg also has a strong association with the provision of community legal services. For 8 years between 1992 and 2001 he worked with the Law Society of Western Australia to manage the Law Society’s community legal services, including establishing the Law Access pro bono referral service and overseeing the management of other community projects such as the Litigation Assistance Fund, Law Week and the Francis Burt Law Education Centre.
Greg regularly provides probono legal assistance to individuals and organisations including Australian Red Cross, Cancer Council, the Salvation Army and the Francis Burt Law Education Centre.
Greg was formerly a Partner at Kott Gunning and Civic Legal. Greg is based in our West Perth office.