Our notable transactions include:
- Numerous M&A deals involving mining and exploration companies. Click here for further information
- Advised the sellers on the sale of the Harvey Fresh businesses to Parmalat
- Acting for Fogarty Wine Group, WA’s largest wine producer, on numerous acquisitions, including Evans & Tate brand purchase and transactions with McWilliams
- Acted for the sellers of Perth’s largest independent pathology business (Perth Medical Laboratories) to Australian Clinical Laboratories (private equity owned)
- Acting for buyer of Titan Digital and Titan Brand businesses (120 staff across Australia and South Africa), including all sale and related transaction documents
- Advised sellers of Tier 1 mining and energy software company, including negotiating settlement of pre-existing IP claims against business, advising on IP and IT warranties and indemnities
- Acted for sellers of Conducive, a leading Western Australian systems integrator, selling to ASX listed Empired
- Advised founders of Plexal Group (oil and gas services) on sale to SPIE Oil and Gas Services SAS (France)
- Acted on the sale of the St Ives Group to the Royal Automobile Club
- Acted on the sale of a South Australian medical technology company to an ASX listed Alcidion
- Acting for Craig Mostyn Group in numerous acquisitions and divestments including:
- assisting with aspects of the acquisition of a large interest in V&V Walsh
- acquisition of Jade Tiger, Australia’s largest abalone farm
- acquisition of Australian Seafoods (abalone and rock lobster) in Dover, Tasmania
- acquisition of Fertal rendering business
- divestment of Fataway business
- Acted for Coogee Chemicals on the acquisition of the Townsville Acid Terminal
- Advised Aspermont Limited in relation to a large M&A transaction
- Assisting the purchaser in a $7 million acquisition of a vineyard property and and business located in Margaret River
- Advised sellers of Diab Engineering to BGC Contracting
- Acted for Coogee Chemicals on the acquisition of chlor alkali business of Elite Chemicals
- Acted for the seller of HPC Data Centre to ASX listed Amcom
- Advised Northern Rivers Teatree in relation to Maincamp transaction
- Advised sellers of Stantons International accounting practice
- Advising Perth based software company on acquisition of software product/platform from international oil and gas company
- Advised buyer of Fastvue, a Silicon valley based software business, including reviewing IP ownership arrangements
- Advised sellers of Orelogy, a leading Western Australian mining software company, including tidying up pre-sale IP ownership
- Advised sellers or buyers of numerous software and IT businesses not mentioned above, including Fastart Sdn. Bhd, Maptek and others
- Acted for sellers of Wild Geese International (oil and gas safety and induction training) to ASX Listed Site Group International
- Acted for sellers of Ecologia to ASX-listed RDG
- Acted for buyer of minority shareholders in Bang Online! business
- Conducting audits for various clients as part of due diligence investigations for M&A transactions, including reviewing processes in relation to the creation, exploitation and protection of IP rights
Meritas Welcomes DMAW Lawyers, Adelaide, to the Membership
Leading Adelaide commercial Firm, DMAW Lawyers has been selected to be South Australia’s repre...
Privacy policies and procedures: Australian businesses may have to comply with European GDPR laws
On Friday 25 May 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect, giving...
COVID-19: Temporary relief for financially distressed individuals, companies and directors
The Australian Federal Government has announced temporary amendments to insolvency and bankruptcy la...
Covid 19- an overview of the JobKeeper wage subsidy scheme
The core component of the Federal Government’s business support package in response to the Cov...
What tax risks do I take on when I become a company director? (updated)
This is a question often asked of lawyers. There are many risks a person is exposed to when the...
Handshake deals and transfer duty: you can’t avoid paying duty by not documenting the deal
Sometimes two parties to a deal are tempted to use a "handshake agreement" to try avoid pa...
Superannuation guarantee amnesty: one last chance to pay compulsory superannuation for non-complying employers who employ "contractors"
Employee versus contractor? Are you sure?
Over the past decade many Australian companies hav...
Disclose the full upfront price or risk breaking the law: new upfront pricing laws apply
It is not uncommon for businesses to advertise a headline price for goods and services to their...
Minutes of Board Meetings: more than just a "box ticking" exercise
The importance of minute taking at Board meetings was recently highlighted by the Financial Services...
Board Spills - Getting the notice right
The interaction between section 249D and section 203D of the Corporations Act 2001.