Our notable transactions include:
- Numerous M&A deals involving mining and exploration companies. Click here for further information
- Advised the sellers on the sale of the Harvey Fresh businesses to Parmalat
- Acting for Fogarty Wine Group, WA’s largest wine producer, on numerous acquisitions, including Evans & Tate brand purchase and transactions with McWilliams
- Acted for the sellers of Perth’s largest independent pathology business (Perth Medical Laboratories) to Australian Clinical Laboratories (private equity owned)
- Acting for buyer of Titan Digital and Titan Brand businesses (120 staff across Australia and South Africa), including all sale and related transaction documents
- Advised sellers of Tier 1 mining and energy software company, including negotiating settlement of pre-existing IP claims against business, advising on IP and IT warranties and indemnities
- Acted for sellers of Conducive, a leading Western Australian systems integrator, selling to ASX listed Empired
- Advised founders of Plexal Group (oil and gas services) on sale to SPIE Oil and Gas Services SAS (France)
- Acted on the sale of the St Ives Group to the Royal Automobile Club
- Acted on the sale of a South Australian medical technology company to an ASX listed Alcidion
- Acting for Craig Mostyn Group in numerous acquisitions and divestments including:
- assisting with aspects of the acquisition of a large interest in V&V Walsh
- acquisition of Jade Tiger, Australia’s largest abalone farm
- acquisition of Australian Seafoods (abalone and rock lobster) in Dover, Tasmania
- acquisition of Fertal rendering business
- divestment of Fataway business
- Acted for Coogee Chemicals on the acquisition of the Townsville Acid Terminal
- Advised Aspermont Limited in relation to a large M&A transaction
- Assisting the purchaser in a $7 million acquisition of a vineyard property and and business located in Margaret River
- Advised sellers of Diab Engineering to BGC Contracting
- Acted for Coogee Chemicals on the acquisition of chlor alkali business of Elite Chemicals
- Acted for the seller of HPC Data Centre to ASX listed Amcom
- Advised Northern Rivers Teatree in relation to Maincamp transaction
- Advised sellers of Stantons International accounting practice
- Advising Perth based software company on acquisition of software product/platform from international oil and gas company
- Advised buyer of Fastvue, a Silicon valley based software business, including reviewing IP ownership arrangements
- Advised sellers of Orelogy, a leading Western Australian mining software company, including tidying up pre-sale IP ownership
- Advised sellers or buyers of numerous software and IT businesses not mentioned above, including Fastart Sdn. Bhd, Maptek and others
- Acted for sellers of Wild Geese International (oil and gas safety and induction training) to ASX Listed Site Group International
- Acted for sellers of Ecologia to ASX-listed RDG
- Acted for buyer of minority shareholders in Bang Online! business
- Conducting audits for various clients as part of due diligence investigations for M&A transactions, including reviewing processes in relation to the creation, exploitation and protection of IP rights
Privacy policies and procedures: Australian businesses may have to comply with European GDPR laws
On Friday 25 May 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect, giving...
COVID-19: Temporary relief for financially distressed individuals, companies and directors
The Australian Federal Government has announced temporary amendments to insolvency and bankruptcy la...
Covid 19- an overview of the JobKeeper wage subsidy scheme
The core component of the Federal Government’s business support package in response to the Cov...
What tax risks do I take on when I become a company director? (updated)
This is a question often asked of lawyers. There are many risks a person is exposed to when the...
Handshake deals and transfer duty: you can’t avoid paying duty by not documenting the deal
Sometimes two parties to a deal are tempted to use a "handshake agreement" to try avoid pa...
Superannuation guarantee amnesty: one last chance to pay compulsory superannuation for non-complying employers who employ "contractors"
Employee versus contractor? Are you sure?
Over the past decade many Australian companies hav...
Disclose the full upfront price or risk breaking the law: new upfront pricing laws apply
It is not uncommon for businesses to advertise a headline price for goods and services to their...
Minutes of Board Meetings: more than just a "box ticking" exercise
The importance of minute taking at Board meetings was recently highlighted by the Financial Services...
Board Spills - Getting the notice right
The interaction between section 249D and section 203D of the Corporations Act 2001.