Our notable and relevant experience includes:
- Advising Coogee Chemicals in relation to a multi-decade chlorine supply agreement with major industrial customer, including negotiation of supply and related agreements
- Advising Coogee Chemicals in relation to industrial technology joint venture with CSIRO, including relationship and commercialisation agreements
- Advising in relation to numerous transport and logistics agreements for carriers and customers throughout Western Australia, including Sadliers, Aurizon, Craig McDonald, AGL, Crane Worldwide, Gap Logistics, International Logistics, Damien Cole Group, Faststar, Kreuger Transport, Countrywide, Centurion, Stevens and others
- Prepared and presented an ACCC Compliance Policy and Training Program to senior managers for a large Australian agribusiness across three states
- Advised Coogee Chemicals in relation to long term chemical supply agreements with global titanium dioxide manufacturer
- Reviewing and advising in relation to numerous franchise agreements
- Acted for numerous companies to prepare or review consulting agreements
- Prepared directors and officers insurance, indemnity and access deeds for numerous clients
- Advised numerous clients in relation to redundancy and termination of employment
- Acting for numerous companies to prepare employment contracts for senior executives and line employees
- Acting for Coogee Group to prepare all fuel storage and terminal lease agreements
- Acting for Lionel Samson Group on numerous commercial transactions across transport, wine and packaging sectors
- Prepared plant hire agreements for several clients in Western Australia, including Titan Plant Hire and Coates Hire
- Acted on behalf of clients who were defrauded by their financial advisor, securing a payment from the institution that employed the financial advisor
- Prepared shareholder and partnership agreements for a syndicate that owns several supermarkets
- Advised in relation to various partnership restructurings
- Prepared legal agreements or various business and property investment syndicates
- Preparing terms and conditions (T&C’s) for small, medium and large suppliers across a range of industries, including food services, manufacturing, pork production, seafood, marine services, mining services, marketing, website development and more
- Prepared numerous shareholder and subscription agreements for small and medium business
- Prepared numerous trust deeds (unit trust, discretionary trust, bare trust) for small, medium and large businesses
- Acted as escrow agent for Wave Park Group in relation to capital raising for construction of surf park in Melbourne
- Advised on restructuring of Borello Beef Group
- Numerous M&A deals. For further information see Mergers & Acquisitions
- Numerous contracts and transactions for resources, mining and exploration companies. For further information see Mining, Exploration & Mining Services
- Extensive property and leasing related work. For further information see Commercial Property Sales & Leasing
- Numerous construction related agreements. For further information see Construction Contracts & Subcontracts
Superannuation guarantee amnesty: one last chance to pay compulsory superannuation for non-complying employers who employ "contractors"
Employee versus contractor? Are you sure?
Over the past decade many Australian companies hav...
Disclose the full upfront price or risk breaking the law: new upfront pricing laws apply
It is not uncommon for businesses to advertise a headline price for goods and services to their...
Modern slavery legislation: the clock is ticking for Australian companies to prepare their first Modern Slavery Statement
Modern slavery legislation has been enacted in Australia. Many larger companies are now legally obli...
Minutes of Board Meetings: more than just a "box ticking" exercise
The importance of minute taking at Board meetings was recently highlighted by the Financial Services...
Board Spills - Getting the notice right
The interaction between section 249D and section 203D of the Corporations Act 2001.
THE ACCC CONTINUES ITS CRACK DOWN ON THE USE OF UNFAIR CONTRACT TERMS
Uber Eats agreed this week to amend its contracts with restaurants following an investigation by the...
Franchising: Federal Court freezes assets of franchisor to protect franchisees who claim they were misled
Jump Swim is an Australian-based franchisor that sells franchises to franchisees wishi...
Employment law changes from 1 July 2019 - take note !
Employers should take note of changes to the employment landscape that take effect on 1 July 20...
Keeping your financials “off the record”: from 1 July 2019 fewer companies need to lodge their financial accounts with ASIC
Recent changes to the Corporations Act 2001 remove the need for many companies to lodge annual finan...
Minimum wage increase to apply in Australia from 1 July 2019
All employers should be aware of the Fair Work Commission's (FWC's) decision regarding the 2...
The ACCC is targeting the Australian Wine Sector- winemakers must update their supply contracts with growers
On 3 June 2019 the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (the ACCC), Australia's co...
New laws imposing mandatory requirements for businesses that supply services: your T&C’s and website must be updated by 9 June 2019
Recent amendments to the Competition and Consumer Regulations 2010 impose new mandatory wo...
Are you at legal risk? Changes to the Privacy Act: 22 February 2018
From 22 February 2018 your business has a statutory obligation to report a data breach involving per...