Our relevant experience includes:
- Acted for plaintiffs in various Supreme Court proceedings against former employees, for injunctive relief for breach of restraint of trade and non-solicitation clauses in employment contracts
- Acted for plaintiffs in various Supreme Court proceedings seeking injunctions to protect confidential information, damages relating to misuse of position by employees for personal benefit, and damages for diversion of business opportunities away from the employer
- Acted for a ‘high net worth’ individual in a dispute with a liquidator as to whether he was an employee or subcontractor, and thus simply an unsecured creditor or entitled to preferential treatment in the distribution of company assets to creditors
- Defended Supreme Court proceedings against a former senior employee accused of setting up his own business whilst an employee, using his employer’s confidential information and diverting significant business opportunities away from his employer
- Acted for an employer in District Court proceedings relating to a ‘fall from height’ workplace injury, including a related dispute with an insurer in respect of contribution to workers compensation payments
- Acted for an employer in unpaid entitlement claims by employees of a construction company
- Acted for the defendant in a Supreme Court action by an employer against a former employee for return of confidential information and an injunction restrainig the use of confidential information
Covid 19- an overview of the JobKeeper wage subsidy scheme
The core component of the Federal Government’s business support package in response to the Cov...
Modern slavery legislation: the clock is ticking for Australian companies to prepare their first Modern Slavery Statement
Modern slavery legislation has been enacted in Australia. Many larger companies are now legally obli...
Employment law changes from 1 July 2019 - take note !
Employers should take note of changes to the employment landscape that take effect on 1 July 20...
Minimum wage increase to apply in Australia from 1 July 2019
All employers should be aware of the Fair Work Commission's (FWC's) decision regarding the 2...
Work Health & Safety Update - Increased Penalties Passed in Western Australia
On 3 October 2018, the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 (WA) and the Mines Safety and Inspect...